Documents You Need to File Your Taxes

Here’s a list of items to bring with you when you get help filing your taxes:
  • Photo ID for all adults in the household
  • Social Security Card or Individual Identification Number for all people in the household
  • Birthdates for all persons listed on tax return
  • Income statements or W2s for each job
  • All 1099 forms received
Additional Items to Increase Your Refund:
  • Last year’s tax return
  • A voided check for your refund to be deposited automatically into your account through direct deposit
  • Expenses for educators of children in grades K-12 (pens, notebooks, tutoring, music classes, cost of instruments used in the classroom)
  • Expenses for university, college or technical college (Form 1098-T)
  • Interest statement for student loans (Form 1098-E)
  • Childcare expenses: provider name, address, Tax ID or Social Security Number
  • Charitable donations
  • Homeowner statements: mortgage interest statement, real estate taxes paid (Form 1098), Statement of Property Tax Payable in 2012
  • Amount of Rent Paid
Spread the love
Register New Account
Reset Password