People with diabetes (like everyone else) must make their health a priority daily. The difference: Diabetics are reminded each day on the glucose meter why eating right, exercising and staying health-focused are the keys to overall health. If you or someone you know has made the smart decision to live a healthy life with diabetes, the Learning Zone will increase your knowledge about the disease and help you start your journey toward wellness.
Step 1: Learn About Diabetes
It’s important to know as much as you can about diabetes, so that you can manage this disease well. Here’s what you need to know and do:
- Know what kind of diabetes you have and its risk factors.
- Don’t be afraid to ask questions and know where to get answers.
- Understand your blood glucose level, and what part insulinand/or medication will play in your life.
- Take the Insulin Quiz
- Insulin 101
- Video: Insulin
- How to be Prepared with Diabetes: The Supplies You Need
- Download a Blood Sugar Tracker (PDF)
- Download a wellness plan for diabetics.