Start filing your taxes now, for free!
Step One: Gather your documents
- W-2s for each job held last year. This form reports your name, wages, and other tax info to the IRS. Copy this form exactly into the wage section of the Beehive Tax Tool.
- 1099s and 1098s showing other income. Other income can come from school loans, unemployment, social security, gambling winnings, or contract work held last year and will be reported to the IRS.
- Your bank account number if you choose to have your refund directly deposited into your account
- Last year’s return to enter in prior year information, (if you have it)
Step Two: Collect information for everyone in your household
- Name and taxpayer number as they appear on the Social Security Card (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number letter (ITIN)
- Date of Birth and Relationship (son, daughter, cousin, mother, etc.)
- Current address (it may be different from the address on your employment records)
- If you paid for childcare, get the provider name, address, and tax identification number
Just File! With our partner at MyFreeTaxes, you can file for free!
Even though you might not legally need to file, you may have a refund coming to you. New families, students, and dependents who worked last year could benefit from filing taxes, some getting hundreds back. Generally, most taxpayers are required to file if they earned more than $5,000 last year.
Keep a Copy of Everything
Keep the forms used to prepare your taxes, and a copy of your return for seven (7) years for your protection. It will also help you when you file your taxes next year.