To apply for LIHEAP, you can contact your state’s LIHEAP office.
What You Need to Provide When Applying
To apply for LIHEAP, you will need to provide the following:
- Recent copies of your utility bills
- A recent payroll stub or other proof that shows your current income
- Proof of any other income you receive, such as Social Security, Unemployment Insurance, Pension Funds, or disability.
- A notice of final utility termination (if you’ve received a shut-off notice from your energy company)
- Proof of your current address, such as a lease, deed, or property tax bill
- Proof of total members living in your household, such as birth certificates or school records
- Social Security cards or numbers for all people living in your home
- Proof of U.S. citizenship or permanent residence